Compliance Management Systems
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Understand what regulators are looking for in a compliance management system (CMS)
- Use examination checklists as a policy/procedure guideline
- Define what constitutes an unfair, deceptive, or abusive act or practice
- Explain how an effective CMS benefits your organization
- Distinguish between regulatory violations, examiner recommendations, and regulator guidance
This webinar will explore the regulatory agencies’ CMS expectations and best practices. Going beyond written policies, it will look at the interplay between those policies, your internal and external compliance training needs, CMS documentation, and program monitoring. It will also address handling and tracking consumer complaints and how they can be used to identify CMS shortcomings. An FDIC enforcement action will be used to examine the steps one institution had to take to correct significant deficiencies in its consumer compliance areas. Learn the key components your CMS should address, including board and management oversight, compliance program, service provider oversight, and identification and correction of violations.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session will benefit compliance personnel (whether dedicated specifically to compliance or charged with compliance within a specific department), auditors, and audit committee members.
- Model compliance policy
- CMS program outline
- Spreadsheet for tracking consumer complaints
- Consumer complaint resolution process model
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Mary-Lou Heighes – Compliance Plus, Inc.
Mary-Lou Heighes is president and founder of Compliance Plus, Inc., which has assisted financial institutions with the development of compliance programs since 2000. She provides compliance training for trade associations and financial institutions. Heighes has been an instructor at regulatory compliance schools, conducts dozens of webinars, and speaks at numerous conferences throughout the country.
Involved with financial institutions since 1989, Heighes has over 30 years’ compliance experience. Before starting Compliance Plus in 2000, she spent five years working as a loan officer, marketer, and collector. She also worked at a state trade association for seven years providing compliance assistance and advising on state and federal legislative issues that affect financial institutions.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download