Dec. 31, 2019 brings the end of reporting certain nonresident alien interest without a foreign taxpayer identification number. During this program, we will focus on writing nonresident alien procedures for your frontline and back of the house staff. Are you ready? You will receive a tax handbook plus many ideas about Customer Identification Programs for nonresident aliens.
- IRS Notice 2017-46 Intermediary rules
- How to update your current nonresident aliens through alternative rules
- What countries do not have foreign tax identification numbers
- What to do if you cannot obtain a Foreign Taxpayer Identification Number
- How to set up your system
- How to set up for 1042S Reporting
- Special rules on IRAs and new back up withholding rules
- How to handle non-interest-bearing accounts
- Identification of nonresident aliens
- Risk rating a nonresident alien
Who Should Attend:
Compliance, BSA, Training, Deposit Operations, and all Branch Personnel.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor's and master's degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 30+ years of combined teaching and banking experience.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- Additional connection for a branch - $75
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395