Creating the Right ERM Program for Your Community Bank
Are you creating your first ERM Program for your bank? Do you want to ensure your current program is complete yet keep it simple? If yes to either question, this webinar is for you!
Risk Management is at the heart of banking and every bank has to have processes, policies, and procedures in place in order to assess and manage the risks on their balance sheet. Malzahn shares the fundamental pieces of the ERM puzzle, how they relate to each other, and how to integrate your ERM program into the bank’s Strategic Plan. Having built an ERM program for a community bank from scratch, Malzahn describes the various components of a strong ERM program. In this educational session, you will learn how to put your program together using all the parts you already have in your bank. Malzahn shares how you can make the process fun and how your team will become closer as they work together with the common goal of protecting the bank’s assets while fulfilling your bank’s vision.
- ERM general background and key definitions
- How implementing an ERM Program can help Financial Institutions survive and thrive
- Identifying the specific building blocks/components of a simple yet complete ERM Program
- The three key ongoing Phases of ERM:
- Identifying and Assessing Risk
- Mitigating and Eliminating Risk
- Monitoring and Reporting Risk
- Creating an ERM Committee Charter and choosing the right ERM Committee members
- Integrating the ERM Program into your Strategic Plan
- How COVID-19 impacted all risk categories
- Top Risk Categories and Definitions
- ERM Risk Assessment Matrix – Definitions and example
- Creating the Risk Management Appetite and Tolerance Statement – Description of Process
- Implementing your ERM Program and benefits
- ERM Program Flowchart
Who Should Attend?
Chief Risk Officers, Risk Managers/Leaders, Chief Credit Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Compliance Officers, Internal Auditors, Presidents involved in the risk management process and their ERM program.
Marcia (“Marci”) Malzahn is the president and founder of Malzahn Strategic, a community financial institution management consultancy focused on strategic planning, enterprise risk management, treasury management, and talent management.
Malzahn has 30 years of banking experience, ten of those years as the EVP/CFO and COO of a community bank she co-founded where she oversaw all areas of operations. In her last year as EVP/COO/CRO, Marci created and focused on the bank’s enterprise risk management program.
Malzahn is the recipient of several professional awards, is a published author of four books, and an international bilingual keynote speaker, speaking frequently at banking and credit union conferences and associations as well as leadership and women’s conferences. As a Certified Virtual Presenter, Malzahn also provides online and onsite training for financial institutions.
Malzahn is a certified life coach, holds a B.A. in business management from Bethel University, and is a graduate of the Graduate School of Banking in Madison, Wisconsin.
Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + Digital Download +$140
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $75 per person