Are you creating your first ERM Program for your bank? Do you want to ensure your current program is complete yet keep it simple? If yes to either question, this webinar is for you!
Risk Management is at the heart of banking and every bank has to have processes, policies, and procedures in place in order to assess and manage the risks on their balance sheet. Marci shares the fundamental pieces of the ERM puzzle, how they relate to each other, and how to integrate your ERM program into the bank’s Strategic Plan. Having built an ERM program for a community bank from scratch, Marci describes the various components of a strong ERM program. In this educational session, you will learn how to put your program together using all the parts you already have in your bank. Marci shares how you can make the process fun and how your team will become closer as they work together with the common goal of protecting the bank’s assets while fulfilling your bank’s vision.
- ERM general background and key definitions
- How implementing an ERM Program can help Financial Institutions survive and thrive
- Identifying the specific building blocks/components of a simple yet complete ERM Program
- The three key ongoing Phases of ERM:
- Identifying and Assessing Risk
- Mitigating and Eliminating Risk
- Monitoring and Reporting Risk
- Creating an ERM Committee Charter and choosing the right ERM Committee members
- Integrating the ERM Program into your Strategic Plan
- Top Risk Categories and Definitions – including Model Risk Management
- ERM Risk Assessment Matrix – Definitions and example
- Creating the Risk Management Appetite and Tolerance Statement – Description of Process
- Implementing your ERM Program and benefits
- ERM Program Flowchart
Who Should Attend
Chief Risk Officers, Risk Managers/Leaders, Chief Credit Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Compliance Officers, Internal Auditors, Presidents involved in the risk management process and their ERM program.
Marci Malzahn is the president and founder of Malzahn Strategic, a community bank consultancy focused on strategic planning, enterprise risk management, and talent management. Marci has 23 years of banking experience, the last ten as the EVP/CFO/COO of a community bank she helped start where she oversaw all the bank operations areas, including finance, IT, compliance, internal audit, deposit/loan operations, office management, risk management, and HR. In her last year as EVP/COO/CRO, Marci created and focused on the bank’s risk management program. She was also the corporate secretary of both the holding company and the bank.
Before starting the bank in 2005, Marci took a detour from banking for five years and worked for a $34 million revenue non-profit organization where she led IT, HR and Finance. Marci’s extensive experience in banking infrastructure and her passion to help other banks succeed led her to found Malzahn Strategic in 2014.
Marci is the recipient of a number of professional awards, is a published author of three books, and an international bilingual public speaker, speaking frequently at banking conferences and associations. Marci holds a B.A. in business management from Bethel University and is a graduate of the Graduate School of Banking in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Live Plus Five (days) - $265
- OnDemand Recording - $295
- CD-ROM - $345
- Live Plus Six (months) - $365
- Premier Package - $395