New WBA Education Offering!
Financial statement, cash flow, and tax return analysis are all important components of understanding your business borrower and helping your bank make a good credit decision. This two-day boot camp is designed to be hands-on and interactive through case study analysis and classroom discussions. New and experienced staff will benefit from this program.
The 2019 Credit Analysis Boot Camp will be offered in two locations. March 14-15, 2019 at the Cambria Hotel in Madison, and March 28-29, 2019 at the Radisson Hotel & Conference Center in Green Bay. Each Session will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday and conclude at 3:00 p.m. on Friday.
Day 1 Schedule (9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- Basics of Bank Lending – Setting the Foundation
- Reviewing the 5 C’s of Credit
- Role of the Credit Analyst in the lending decision
- Exposure to concepts of loan structure, loan support, and documentation issues
- Key Ratio Analysis: Calculating and Interpreting the Numbers Correctly!
- Learn a “five-step” analysis plan to calculate the key ratios covering liquidity, activity, leverage, operating performance, and cash flow analysis and correctly interpret the financial condition of the business client
- Discuss “negotiating” with other financial professionals using the ratios
- Review the Z-score and sustainable growth models
- Case study Analysis: Applying the concepts!
Day 2 Schedule (8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
- Basic Personal Tax Return Analysis
- Review the basic structure of the personal 1040 federal tax return (including the various schedules and K-1 forms)
- Use analysis techniques to prepare a personal cash flow from information gleaned from the 1040 and the related schedules
- Discuss recent changes in the tax code including the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” (TCJA) and how they affect the bank’s clients
- Describe how the 1040 tax return can be used to market the bank’s products and services.
- Basic Business Tax Return Analysis
- Discuss the structure of a C corporation, S corporation, and Partnership (including LLC) tax return
- Analyze business tax returns and prepare cash flows for these entities
- Draw additional information from the business returns including identifying fraudulent tax returns
- Discuss updates in the tax code including the TCJA as they apply to businesses.
About the Speaker:
David L. Osburn, MBA, CCRA
David is the founder and managing member of David L. Osburn & Associates LLC, a Las Vegas-based business training and contract CFO firm that provides seminar/keynote speeches for various groups including bankers. His extensive professional background encompasses over 24 years in banking, finance, and marketing. His bank commercial lending credentials include comprehensive loan underwriting, management, customer development, and loan work-out experience.
In addition, David is an Adjunct Professor for Regis University, an accredited MBA program and the College of Southern Nevada, a community college. He has taught college courses for over 22 years, covering Finance, Accounting, Economics, Marketing, Banking, Business Law, and Management.
The student fee of $495 includes program registration, instruction and materials, and most meals. Each location is limited to 40 registrants - early registration is recommended.
Lodging is available for an additional $125/night at each hotel location and includes a daily hotel breakfast buffet.
Click Register for more information on both locations and to register online.