Credit Analysis Boot Camp
The WBA Credit Analysis Boot Camp will start on Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn on Thursday, June 23, 2022 by 3:00 p.m.
Financial statement, cash flow, and tax return analyses are all important components of understanding your business borrower and helping your bank make a good credit decision. This two-day boot camp is designed to be hands-on and interactive through case study analysis and classroom discussions. New and experienced staff will benefit from this program.
Day 1 Schedule (9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. CT)
- Basics of Bank Lending – Setting the Foundation
- Reviewing the 5 C’s of Credit
- Role of the Credit Analyst in the lending decision
- Exposure to concepts of loan structure, loan support, and documentation issues
- Key Ratio Analysis: Calculating and Interpreting the Numbers Correctly!
- Learn a “five-step” analysis plan to calculate the key ratios covering liquidity, activity, leverage, operating performance, and cash flow analysis and correctly interpret the financial condition of the business client
- Discuss “negotiating” with other financial professionals using the ratios
- Review the Z-score and sustainable growth models
- Case study analysis: applying the concepts!
Day 2 Schedule (8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. CT)
- Basic Personal Tax Return Analysis
- Review the basic structure of the personal 1040 federal tax return (including the various schedules and K-1 forms)
- Use analysis techniques to prepare a personal cash flow from information gleaned from the 1040 and the related schedules
- Discuss recent changes in the tax code including the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” (TCJA) and how they affect the bank’s clients
- Describe how the 1040 tax return can be used to market the bank’s products and services.
- Basic Business Tax Return Analysis
- Discuss the structure of a C corporation, S corporation, and Partnership (including LLC) tax returns
- Analyze business tax returns and prepare cash flows for these entities
- Draw additional information from the business returns including identifying fraudulent tax returns
- Discuss updates in the tax code including the TCJA as they apply to businesses.
Speaker: David L. Osburn, MBA, CCRA
Who Should Attend? This boot camp is designed for credit analysts and others in the bank who are responsible for reviewing financial statements and tax returns. New and experienced credit analysts will benefit from this program.
Registration Information: The registration fee of $495/attendee includes program registration, instruction and materials, and a daily lunch buffet and refreshment breaks.