Cryptocurrency Regulatory Expectations & Guidance
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Understand crypto-asset risks to financial institutions
- Identify potential red flags and risks with cryptocurrency
- Explain related regulatory expectations and guidance
- Define common cryptocurrency industry terminology
- Recognize crypto asset-related frauds and scams
Even if your institution is not planning to actively participate in cryptocurrency, you should be aware of the expectations when banking an accountholder that has embraced the distributed ledger technology. Cryptocurrency activity is conducted by millions of Americans, and financial institutions must understand the risks and red flags. The regulatory agencies have issued guidance explaining their expectations. Do your policies and procedures address these expectations? Have you implemented gates and guardrails to control risk? As the digital asset world continues to evolve, it is critical that your institution understands regulatory expectations and is ready to handle accountholders that engage in cryptocurrency activity. This program will explain current crypto asset-related frauds and scams and red flags to help protect your accountholder’s assets.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, BSA officers, managers, trainers, and all staff that want to understand the current regulatory expectations and guidance regarding cryptocurrency and digital assets.
- Sample due diligence questions
- Crypto lingo terms and definitions
- Detailed regulatory reference list
- Virtual asset red flag indicators of money laundering and terrorist financing
- Crypto asset-related risk chart
- Sample policy language
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Molly Stull — Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download