The March 31, 2021 and the June 30, 2021 Call Reports are impacted by new reporting requirements related to reporting brokered deposits, HELOCs, international remittance transfers, to name a few, along with changes resulting from applicable sections of the CARES Act, and the regulatory agencies’ rulings that result from the current COVID-19 crisis.
Participants will receive a copy of the presentation and a supplement handout that describes the areas impacted by the CARES Act and the regulatory Interim Final Rules, and the Call Report Schedules impacted by these changes on Form 041 with Form 051 reductions in reporting indicated, as applicable.
- The impact of the COVID-19 and the CARES Act:
- Section 4013 on temporary relief from reporting TDRs (to include regulatory guidance on reporting past due status),
- Section 4014 on the optional temporary relief from CECL adoption (with interim final rule impact on reporting in Schedule RC-R), and
- Section 4012 on the Community Bank Leverage Ratio (to include general discussion on CBLR eligibility and reporting unfunded commitments).
- Reporting PPP loans and related PPP loan fees.
- Temporary increases in total assets – impact to reporting requirements.
- Regulatory Reporting Revisions effective for 2021 Call Reports
- Reporting HELOCs as closed-end commencing March 31, 2021 with early adoption available.
- Revised definition for eligibility to hold a NOW account
- Reporting International Remittance Transfers
- The changes related to the brokered deposit framework
- Reporting shared fees on securities and insurance sales activities
- Reporting provisions for unfunded commitments (CECL banks)
- Reporting sweep accounts in RC-E
- Common questions and potential reporting errors
- Loan coding and reporting income on loans
- HVCRE decision-making
- Realized and unrealized gains and losses on equity securities
Who Should Attend?
Anyone responsible for preparing, auditing, or signing the Call Report will find the program valuable. The seminar is designed for more experienced preparers and reviewers interested in new reporting requirements and up-to-date rulings impacting preparation of the Call Report.
Cynthia Dopjera, a Certified Public Accountant, has 38 years of experience focused on accounting and regulatory reporting for financial institutions. During the first 18 years of her career, Ms. Dopjera held various positions with responsibility across all operational areas, to include accounting, internal audit, Call Report preparation and review while working for community as well as regional banks.
In 2000, Ms. Dopjera joined the public accounting firm of Harper & Pearson Company, P.C., where she served as Practice Leader for the Firm’s financial institutions practice covering community and regional institutions. The Firm’s services included financial statement audit, accounting, tax preparation and filing, internal control audit, Call Report audit, loan and asset quality review, and design and implementation of internal controls over financial reporting frameworks for institutions regulated under FDICIA and Sarbanes-Oxley. In 2018, Ms. Dopjera retired from Harper & Pearson Company, and currently provides accounting, consulting, and training services to financial institutions.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395