Deposit Compliance School
The WBA Deposit Compliance School will start on Monday, August 22, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn on Tuesday, August 23, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
VIRTUAL OPTION: You may choose to attend the school via livestream using Zoom. You’ll select your registration choice during registration.
*We encourage attendees to consider attending in-person for the greatest experience and most efficient networking with peers. However, the virtual option is available for those who prefer to watch the presenters from their office.*
The curriculum is designed to give you a strong foundation of the various deposit regulations affecting your bank, the current trends in compliance, and the resources you need following the school.
- Compliance Overview – understanding the key players in compliance and how important it is to your bank
- Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering, including USA Patriot Act and OFAC issues
- Miscellaneous Deposit Regulations, including:
- Regulation D; Regulation V, Subpart J (Identity Theft Red Flags); Regulation GG; Non-deposit investment products; Regulation AA (UDAAP); and Overdraft Protection Programs
- Regulation CC (Expedited Funds Availability)
- Check 21
- Legal Process, including:
- Garnishments; Child Support Liens; Federal and State Tax Levies; Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Levies; IRS Summons; Subpoenas; Elder Abuse Reporting Rules; and Worthless Checks
- Regulation P (Privacy)
- Regulation DD (Truth in Savings Act)
- Regulation E Overview (Electronic Funds Transfer Act)
- E-Sign Act
The student fee of $535 includes program registration, instruction and materials, and daily lunch and refreshment breaks.