This two-day school curriculum is designed to give you a strong foundation of the various deposit regulations affecting your bank, the current trends in compliance, and the resources you need following the school.
The 2021 Deposit Compliance School will be held Nov. 2-3 at the WBA Engagement Center in Madison. Classes will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday and conclude at 4:45 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Compliance Overview - understanding the key players in compliance and how important it is to your bank
- Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering, including USA Patriot Act and OFAC issues
- Miscellaneous Deposit Regulations, including:
- Regulation D; Regulation V, Subpart J (Identity Theft Red Flags); Regulation GG; Non-deposit investment products; Regulation AA (UDAAP); and Overdraft Protection Programs
- Regulation CC (Expedited Funds Availability)
- Check 21
- Legal Process, including:
- Garnishments; Child Support Liens; Federal and State Tax Levies; Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Levies; IRS Summons; Subpoenas; Elder Abuse Reporting Rules; and Worthless Checks
- Regulation P (Privacy)
- Regulation DD (Truth in Savings Act)
- Regulation E Overview (Electronic Funds Transfer Act)
- Advertising rules related to deposit accounts (optional session - recommended for Compliance Officers)
WBA wants our upcoming event to be a safe and enjoyable experience for you. Here are a few things you should know.
- Certain seating areas will be set to accommodate 6' for social distancing. These reserved space(s) in the meeting room(s) are to accommodate those who need/prefer to remain distanced, and we ask that those who are vaccinated and/or comfortable with closer seating sit elsewhere.
- As we get closer to the program, if you are not feeling well, have a fever, or have been in contact within the last 14 days with someone who has been positively diagnosed with COVID-19, we ask that you cancel your registration and we will offer a full refund.
Please visit the Glacier Canyon website for more information on what we are doing to create a safe environment and also what we expect of attendees participating at Glacier Canyon at the Wilderness: https://www.wildernessresort.com/covid-19/
Who Should Attend:
This school is designed for bank retail staff, including head tellers, personal bankers, universal bankers and managers, as well as compliance officers, operations personnel and bank legal counsel.
The registration fee for the school is $535 and includes program registration, instruction and materials, refreshment breaks, and lunch daily.
Click Register for additional information and to register online.