Deposit Compliance School
This two-day school curriculum is designed to give you a strong foundation of the various deposit regulations affecting your bank, the current trends in compliance, and the resources you need following the school.
The 2021 Deposit Compliance School will be held Nov. 2-3 at the WBA Engagement Center in Madison. Classes will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday and conclude at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
NEW VIRTUAL OPTION: Registration is now available to attend the school via livestream using Zoom. You’ll select your registration choice during registration.
- Compliance Overview – understanding the key players in compliance and how important it is to your bank
- Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering, including USA Patriot Act and OFAC issues
- Miscellaneous Deposit Regulations, including:
- Regulation D; Regulation V, Subpart J (Identity Theft Red Flags); Regulation GG; Non-deposit investment products; Regulation AA (UDAAP); and Overdraft Protection Programs
- Regulation CC (Expedited Funds Availability)
- Check 21
- Legal Process, including:
- Garnishments; Child Support Liens; Federal and State Tax Levies; Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Levies; IRS Summons; Subpoenas; Elder Abuse Reporting Rules; and Worthless Checks
- Regulation P (Privacy)
- Regulation DD (Truth in Savings Act)
- Regulation E Overview (Electronic Funds Transfer Act)
- E-Sign Act
WBA wants our upcoming event to be a safe and enjoyable experience for you. Here are a few things you should know.
- Certain seating areas will be set to accommodate 6′ for social distancing. These reserved space(s) in the meeting room(s) are to accommodate those who need/prefer to remain distanced, and we ask that those who are vaccinated and/or comfortable with closer seating sit elsewhere.
- As we get closer to the program, if you are not feeling well, have a fever, or are not vaccinated and have been in contact within the last 14 days with someone who has been positively diagnosed with COVID-19, we ask that you cancel your registration and we will offer a full refund. If you are vaccinated and show no symptoms of COVID-19, you will not be asked to cancel your registration.
Who Should Attend:
This school is designed for bank retail staff, including head tellers, personal bankers, universal bankers and managers, as well as compliance officers, operations personnel and bank legal counsel.
The registration fee for the school is $535 and includes program registration, instruction and materials, refreshment breaks, and lunch daily.
Click Register for additional information and to register online.