This two-day school curriculum is designed to give you a strong foundation of the various deposit regulations affecting your bank, the current trends in compliance, and the resources you need following the school.
The 2019 Deposit Compliance School will be held Sept. 30 - Oct. 1 at the Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center in Wisconsin Dells. Classes will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Monday and conclude at 4:45 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Compliance Overview - understanding the key players in compliance and how important it is to your bank.
- Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering, including USA Patriot Act and OFAC issues.
- Miscellaneous Deposit Regulations, including:
- Regulation D; Regulation V, Subpart J (Identity Theft Red Flags); Regulation GG; Non-deposit investment products; Regulation AA (UDAAP); and Overdraft Protection Programs.
- Regulation CC (Expedited Funds Availability)
- Check 21
- Legal Process, including:
- Garnishments; Child Support Liens; Federal and State Tax Levies; Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Levies; IRS Summons; Subpoenas; Elder Abuse Reporting Rules; and Worthless Checks.
- Regulation P (Privacy)
- Regulation DD (Truth in Savings Act)
- Regulation E Overview (Electronic Funds Transfer Act)
- Advertising rules related to deposit accounts (optional session - recommended for Compliance Officers)
The registration fee for the school is $535 and includes program registration, instruction and materials, and most meals. Lodging is available for an additional $65 per night.
Click Register for additional information and to register online.