We will cover all the 2020 changes to deposit accounts and recap what needs to be done this year. We will also look at the status of pending legislation and continuing challenges facing the deposit side of the financial institution. Regulation D, E, CC, DD, and the hot topics that surround these regulations. What are the new supervisory issues, FDIC insurance issues, exam hot spots, and everything that deposit compliance officers need to do their jobs in 2021?
This catch-all program will be helpful to make sure we have not missed anything so far in 2021. Checklists and summaries will help you manage these complex areas affecting our customers.
- Changes on Savings Account
- Changes to Regulation CC
- FFIEC BSA Exam Manual Changes
- CTR Changes delayed but still worth looking at
- SECURE ACT and CARES Act on IRAs
- Nonresident alien interest reporting rules
- Safe Banking Act and the Illicit Cash Act—Status
- Overdraft Programs
- Sweep Accounts
- 2020 Sanctions and lessons learned
- Marijuana Update
- Handling time deposits—renewals, partial withdrawals
- Who needs a NOW account when we have interest-bearing DDA
- Error Resolution
- Deceased Accounts
- Tax reporting, B Notices, and penalties
- And much more
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for deposit operations, deposit compliance, branch administration, bookkeeping, account services, and those who run the operations side of the bank or credit union.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia-based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations, and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor's and master's degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 30+ years of combined teaching and banking experience.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- Additional connection for a branch - $75
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395