Financial Institutions provide great value to the American economy. But that value comes with risks. Strategic-minded institutions do not strive to eliminate risk or even to minimize it – they strive to manage risk at the enterprise-wide level. These enterprises seek to manage risk exposure so that, at any given time, they incur just enough of the right kind of risk—no more, no less—to effectively pursue their strategic goals. This is referred to as “Optimal Risk-Taking.” This webinar will take you through a step-by-step process to develop Risk Assessments to address key areas of your institution. The presenter will share her experience in developing an enterprise-wide process to conduct Risk Assessments in a practical, sustainable, and easy way to understand. You will walk away with practical tools and examples you can implement in your organization immediately.
- Overall view of Enterprise Risk Management and key components
- The three key phases of ERM and how Risk Assessments fit in
- The Risk Assessment Process
- Identifying and assessing risks – enterprise wide
- What is a Risk Assessment System (RAS) and its relationship to CAMELS rating
- The top eight risks and other important ones
- How to conduct an ERM Risk Assessment using a Matrix – The core of risk assessments
- The various types of risk assessments based on the area of risk and what they consist of
Who Should Attend:
This informative session is designed for the person in your organization designated as the “risk leader” regardless of title, Risk Managers, Chief Risk Officers, Compliance Officers, Chief Operating Officer, Internal Auditors, Chief Credit Officer, and the entire risk management team.
Marci Malzahn is the president and founder of Malzahn Strategic, a community bank consultancy focused on strategic planning, enterprise risk management, and talent management. Marci has 23 years of banking experience, the last ten as the EVP/CFO/COO of a community bank she helped start where she oversaw all the bank operations areas, including finance, IT, compliance, internal audit, deposit/loan operations, office management, risk management, and HR. In her last year as EVP/COO/CRO, Marci created and focused on the bank’s risk management program. She was also the corporate secretary of both the holding company and the bank.
Before starting the bank in 2005, Marci took a detour from banking for five years and worked for a $34 million revenue non-profit organization where she led IT, HR and Finance. Marci’s extensive experience in banking infrastructure and her passion to help other banks succeed led her to found Malzahn Strategic in 2014.
Marci is the recipient of a number of professional awards, is a published author of three books, and an international bilingual public speaker, speaking frequently at banking conferences and associations. Marci holds a B.A. in business management from Bethel University and is a graduate of the Graduate School of Banking in Madison, Wisconsin.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- Additional connection for a branch - $75
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395