Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) are detail-intensive, complicated, and challenging. This webinar will cover the M&A process from planning to consummation and answer many common questions. Learn the board’s responsibilities, how to identify candidates, how to position your institution, regulatory requirements, and more.
Learn how to successfully plan, manage, and consummate a merger or acquisition in today’s environment. What are director and officers’ duties and responsibilities? How do you identify potential candidates and start negotiations? What regulatory steps are required in the merger and acquisition process? How is post-merger integration of the institutions successfully achieved? Join us to discover best practices for the merger and acquisition process. Helpful checklists and forms will provide focus and guidance.
- Understand the duties and responsibilities of the board of directors and officers to shareholders
- Identify and consider potential target institutions
- Implement best practices for positioning your institution
- Identify and address regulatory issues and concerns
- Successfully address post-merger integration of the institutions
- Sample confidentiality and nondisclosure agreement
- Sample letter of intent
- Sample due diligence checklist
- Checklist of issues to address in M&A agreement
- Closing checklist for an M&A transaction
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This timely session is designed for executive management, directors, human resources officers, and others involved in the M&A process.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Phillip Buffington, Adams and Reese, LLP
Phil Buffington is a partner with Adams and Reese LLP. For over 30 years he has served as a trusted advisor to community, regional, and national financial institutions on a wide range of topics, including regulatory issues, mergers and acquisitions, lending, bankruptcy, litigation, arbitration, and more. Now he focuses on counseling and transactions, including regulatory issues, M&As, securities, and commercial lending. In addition, he brings the experience of a seasoned litigator.
- Live Webinar - $245
- Recorded Webinar and Digital Download - $245 plus tax
- Live Webinar, Recorded Webinar and Digital Download - $320 plus tax