Diving into the 3-Day Requirements for a Mortgage Loan
Timing is a critical component of the mortgage loan lifecycle. Have you second-guessed yourself as to when a compliance disclosure must be delivered? Is it based on business days or calendar days? Does Saturday count? What about Sundays? This webinar is designed to dig into the mortgage loan compliance timing constraints related to the delivery and receipt of mortgage loan documents that must be provided at application through the initial three-day period.
Join us as we discuss the triggering points that start the clock ticking for mortgage loan compliance and what compliance obligations must be satisfied starting with the application through the three-day period. An understanding of these requirements and a properly completed disclosure will be sure to better prepare the mortgage loan file for the next examiner or compliance review.
What You’ll Learn
- Distinguish between a preapproval and a mortgage loan application
- Recognize the importance of documenting triggering events
- Explanations of when to use business days versus calendar days in meeting compliance requirements
- Understanding of the triggering events that determine when notices are required
- Tips on how to document date compliance within the mortgage loan file
- The importance of a sequentially dated mortgage loan file
Who Should Attend
This informative session will benefit mortgage lenders and processors as well as those responsible for auditing and reviewing loan files including compliance officers and internal auditors.
Molly Stull began her banking career on the teller line while working on her undergraduate degree and has continued working in the financial industry ever since. Some of her experience includes roles in operations, business resumption planning, consumer compliance, and conducting audits. Her favorite role is ensuring that her audience, whether on the sports field or in the financial industry, understands the “why” behind the rule. Her wealth of financial knowledge and her numerous years of experience enable her to relate the material to the audience.
Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $75 per person