E-Sign for Lenders – Challenges and Solutions
A global information security organization reported that 85 of 100 financial institutions experienced fraud in the digital account opening process. It’s crucial that financial institutions use multilayered methods for fraud screening. Yet, consumers expect more digital access at a time that cybersecurity has become a significant threat. What steps should be taken to verify the customer’s identity in view of an increased risk of identity theft?
- What are the rules? Learn about Federal regulations for E-Sign and the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA).
- Which lending regulations are related to E-Sign and have specific provisions for compliance?
- What are “digital signatures”?
- Common questions, resources, exam procedures
- Learn the Six-Step Process for Consumer Consent
- Basic Steps for E-Sign Implementation
- Tips for cybersecurity and fraud detection of identity theft
Who Should Attend?
This session is beneficial for lenders, loan administration, compliance officers, IT staff, auditors, customer service, security officers.
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training.
Costonis has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Costonis has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real life examples.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $85 per person