ECOA & Fair Lending: Examiner Hot Buttons
Are you confident about your next fair lending exam? Do you know what to do if you get a “false positive”? What is the difference between discrimination and disparate impact? This webinar will provide expert legal advice and let you know what to expect from examiners.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand what examiners mean by equal credit and fair lending
- Explain the fair lending laws and requirements
- Determine when obtaining a spouse’s signature on loan documents is/is not permitted
- Distinguish between discrimination and disparate impact
- Prepare for your next fair lending exam with confidence
The Equal Credit Opportunity Act, which is implemented by Regulation B, is the primary rule of law that prohibits lenders from discriminating against a consumer based on race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, or the receipt of public assistance. For many years, regulators and the courts have permitted the use of disparate impact analysis to prove discrimination, which means that your institution can be found liable for discrimination even if there was no intent to discriminate. Many institutions have reported that regulators are using statistical analysis and unpublished analytical formulas in their fair lending exams, some of which have resulted in “false positive” findings of disparate treatment. This webinar will help you prepare for your next fair lending exam and suggest ways to defend against disparate impact and discrimination claims.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is useful for any personnel involved in the consumer credit process, including loan operations staff, loan officers, underwriting personnel, compliance staff, auditors, attorneys, and managers.
- CFPB’s Equal Credit Opportunity Act: Examination Procedures
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER – Elizabeth Fast JD, CPA – Spencer Fane LLP
Elizabeth Fast is a partner with Spencer Fane LLP where she specializes in the representation of financial institutions. Fast is the head of the firm’s training division. She received her law degree from the University of Kansas and her undergraduate degree from Pittsburg State University. In addition, she has a Master of Business Administration degree and she is a Certified Public Accountant. Before joining Spencer Fane, she was General Counsel, Senior Vice President, and Corporate Secretary of a $9 billion bank with more than 130 branches, where she managed all legal, regulatory, and compliance functions.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download