Effective Management of Credit Report Disputes
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Appreciate the increasing credit reporting compliance risks
- Maximize the credit reporting dispute process
- Examine the optimal alignment for dispute management
- Understand the critical steps in responding to credit report disputes
- Create a plan for effective dispute management
- Identify and avoid common compliance landmines
The issue of managing credit reporting disputes is growing. In the most recent Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) statistics, credit reporting accounted for over 70% of consumer complaints! It is receiving added attention from both examiners and consumer protection attorneys. In fact, the CFPB has linked credit reporting irregularities with lapses in Equal Credit Opportunity Act compliance and has promised swift action. From policies and procedures to quality assurance and organizational charts, this essential function impacts every financial institution and there are some basic steps you can take to increase efficiency, reduce risks, and calm your compliance nerves.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for senior executives, managers, compliance staff, lending staff, collections managers, frontline managers, internal auditors, and anyone involved with credit reporting.
- Sample credit report dispute resolution procedures
- Sample credit report dispute response letters
- FCRA examination guidance
- Sample FCRA policy
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
David A. Reed, JD — Reed & Jolly, PLLC
Attorney, author, consultant, and nationally recognized trainer, David Reed is a partner in the law firm of Reed & Jolly, PLLC. He provides guidance to financial institutions on establishment and revision of policies and procedures, organizational compliance, collections, security, contractual agreements, regulatory matters, and corporate governance. His engaging speaking style has made him a nationwide lecturer on regulatory compliance, consumer lending, bankruptcy, and collections.
A former trial attorney and vice president and general counsel of a large regional financial institution, Reed is also a Certified Fraud Examiner. He is particularly known as an expert in the areas of operations, bankruptcy, and collections. He has trained state and federal examination staff on numerous issues, including BSA, ID theft red flags, SAFE Act, third-party contract management, and bankruptcy.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download