Elder Financial Exploitation
Elder financial exploitation, the illegal or improper use of an older person’s funds, property, or assets, has emerged as one of the most significant frauds and the most common form of elder abuse in the United States. This webinar will discuss common scams targeting older adults, red flags and will discuss reasons for cognitive decline. Join us as the information will enhance your bank’s efforts to prevent, detect and respond to elder financial exploitation.
- Discussion on why financial professionals are the “watchdogs” for exploitation
- Tips for recognizing signs of diminished capacity
- Review the first-ever public analysis of EFE SAR filings
- Identify Red Flags for Elder Financial Exploitation
- SAR completion for elder exploitation
- Free materials available to promote customer awareness and to train your staff
- Discuss Community Outreach Opportunities and materials
- Comprehensive list of free resources
- Elder Suspicious Activity Form
- Sample Policy Language
- Quick Responses to Potential EFE Customer Situations
Who Should Attend
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, BSA officers, trainers, branch managers, lenders, marketing, and bank management.
Molly Stull began her banking career on the teller line while working on her undergraduate degree and has continued working in the financial industry ever since. Some of her experience includes roles in operations, business resumption planning, consumer compliance, and conducting audits. Her favorite role is ensuring that her audience, whether on the sports field or in the financial industry, understands the “why” behind the rule. Her wealth of financial knowledge and her numerous years of experience enable her to relate the material to the audience.
Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts $279
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $75 per person