In this comprehensive presentation, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, shares a variety of tricks and techniques you can use to improve the integrity of your Excel spreadsheets. You’ll also discover methods for auditing the spreadsheets created by others. David shows you how to implement a variety of Excel features, including the Hide and Protect feature, the Conditional Formatting feature, the Table feature, the Data Validation feature, and the Custom Views feature. In addition, he explains how to perform dual lookups, sum disparate sections of a spreadsheet, preserve key formulas, identify duplicates, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the subscription-based Office 365 version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Office 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new-feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don’t change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2019, Excel 2016, and so on.
- Utilizing the New Window and Arrange Windows commands to view two different worksheets simultaneously.
- Protecting workbooks to prevent users from renaming, hiding, unhiding, or otherwise affecting worksheets.
- Building resilience into spreadsheets by avoiding daisy-chained formulas.
- Improving the integrity of many Excel features by placing column headings within a single row instead of spanning two or more rows.
- Enabling selected users to access protected areas of a worksheet by way of the Allow Users to Edit Ranges feature.
- Limiting access to sensitive workbooks by way of password protection.
- Using range names to streamline formulas and bookmark key inputs within a workbook.
- Learning a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function.
- Preventing errors from the start by choosing from thousands of free Excel spreadsheet templates.
- Mastering the IFERROR function to display alternate values in lieu of a # sign error.
- Using Conditional Formatting to identify unlocked cells into which data can be entered.
- Improving the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
Who Should Attend:
Practitioners who may benefit from improving the integrity of their Excel spreadsheets and boost their efficiency while doing so.
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively. To learn more about David, you can view his LinkedIn profile and follow him on Facebook or Twitter (@excelwriter).
If you are unable to attend the webinar but would like to have this information for training purposes, you may also purchase an OnDemand website link and/or CD-ROM.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- Additional connection for a branch - $75
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395