In this comprehensive presentation, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, shares a variety of tricks and techniques you can use to improve the integrity of your Excel spreadsheets. You’ll also discover methods for auditing the spreadsheets created by others. David shows you how to implement a variety of Excel features, including the Hide and Protect feature, the Conditional Formatting feature, the Table feature, the Data Validation feature, and the Custom Views feature. In addition, he explains how to perform dual lookups, sum disparate sections of a spreadsheet, preserve key formulas, identify duplicates, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the subscription-based Office 365 version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Office 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new-feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don’t change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2019, Excel 2016, and so on.
- Using the SUMIFS function to sum values based on multiple criteria.
- Summing disparate sections of a spreadsheet quickly with the SUBTOTAL function.
- Performing dual lookups, which allow you to look across columns and down rows to cross-reference the data you need.
- Limiting access to sensitive workbooks by way of password protection.
- Toggling the locked status of a worksheet cell on or off by way of a custom shortcut.
- Learning a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function.
- Utilizing the New Window and Arrange Windows commands to view two different worksheets simultaneously.
- Building resilience into spreadsheets by avoiding daisy-chained formulas.
- Improving the integrity of many Excel features by placing column headings within a single row instead of spanning two or more rows.
- Preserving key formulas using hide and protect features.
- Learning how VLOOKUP stops looking after it finds an initial match within a list.
- Protecting workbooks to prevent users from renaming, hiding, unhiding, or otherwise affecting worksheets.
Who Should Attend?
Practitioners who may benefit from improving the integrity of their Excel spreadsheets and boost their efficiency while doing so.
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395