This enlightening webcast presented by David Ringstrom, CPA, will empower you to quickly accomplish tasks that might currently be taking you several minutes or even hours to complete. David explains a variety of Excel’s time-saving features and shares helpful tips, such as how to filter data faster, streamline repetitive tasks, create keyboard shortcuts, and access folders and workbooks easily.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the subscription-based Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don't change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2019, Excel 2016, and so on.
- Discovering how to quickly access folders and workbooks, regardless of whether they’re stored on your computer or on a network.
- Overcoming user interface annoyances by making simple adjustments to Excel’s options.
- Navigate Excel menus entirely by keyboard shortcuts.
- Enabling a hidden keyboard shortcut for toggling the Freeze Panes feature on or off.
- Restoring “classic” Print Preview functionality in Excel 2010 and later.
- Keeping an eye on how much your text is being reduced as you try to squeeze more on a page.
- Creating a keyboard shortcut for simultaneously pasting data and column widths.
- Inserting totals into lists with a few mouse clicks by way of Excel’s SUBTOTAL function.
- Unearthing the key step in being able to format subtotaled cells without affecting hidden rows.
- Gaining control of long lists of data by filtering instead of sorting.
- Leveraging Excel’s Quick Access Toolbar to create a shortcut that enables you to filter lists with a keystroke instead of multiple mouse actions.
- Simplifying filtering tasks by adding a Clear Filter shortcut to the Quick Access Toolbar.
Who Should Attend?
Practitioners who will benefit from using Excel more effectively and efficiently.
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively. To learn more about David, you can view his LinkedIn profile and follow him on Facebook or Twitter (@excelwriter).
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395