Fair Lending Cornerstones: Best Practices & Current Agency Guidance
Regulators are reviving their focus on fair lending and have published new materials and related guidance. It is critical that your institution is using these resources to update your fair lending compliance management system. These topics and more have been the subject of recent agency-issued blogs, press releases, webinars, speeches, and enforcement actions. Are they receiving adequate attention at your financial institution, too?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use current agency guidance to enhance your fair lending compliance management system
- Assist consumers with limited English proficiency
- Explain sex-based discrimination
- Discuss appraisal discrimination
- Understand the components of the new Combatting Redlining Initiative
- Describe redlining actions that resulted in enforcement actions
The regulatory agencies are renewing their emphasis on fair lending. This webinar will dive into the recent agency-issued fair lending materials, including the Fair Lending Report of the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection, to ensure you have the most up-to-date resources and training materials. The Bureau’s annual risk-based prioritization process involves combining emerging developments and trends with tips and leads from industry whistleblowers, advocacy groups, and government agencies; supervisory and enforcement history; consumer complaints; and results of HMDA analysis and other data.
Based on these documents, this webinar will cover redlining, appraisal discrimination, special purpose credit programs, sex-based discrimination, and consumers with limited English proficiency — all of which should be addressed in your institution’s policies, procedures, training, or monitoring activities. Join us to learn tips and best practices to ensure your organization has updated its fair lending compliance management system to reflect this renewed focus.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for lenders, chief lending officers, compliance officers, and risk officers.
- List of reference materials for topics discussed
- Exercises to train staff on specific fair lending areas
- Explanation of how to determine sex and race when information is not collected
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER – Molly Stull, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Molly Stull began her career as a teller while working on her undergraduate degree and has continued working in the financial industry ever since. She has experienced the growth of a hometown bank, branch mergers, charter changes, name changes, etc. Stull has activated business resumption plans, performed secondary market quality control reviews, processed wires, filed SARs, and coordinated reviews with external auditors and examiners. Her favorite role has always been educating staff and strongly believes that if staff understands the reason for a process, they will be more compelled to follow the procedures. Stull holds a bachelor’s from the University of Akron and an MBA from Ashland University.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $320 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download