An exclusive opportunity to challenge your thinking about the future of your bank. Come prepared to share your experiences and to ask questions of our expert speakers and your fellow bankers!
Family-owned and closely held community banks enjoy many advantages—deep-rooted ties to their communities, involved ownership, and nimble management that can make long-term decisions without having to sell their strategy to a large investor base.
They also face unique challenges. Many deal with the same hurdles as other banks, including regulatory costs, heightened competition, and revenue challenges. Many are small, with concerns about scale and raising capital. Family succession, tax, and estate planning are also common challenges.
Family-owned and Closely Held Banks: Chart Your Own Path is an intimate, retreat-style forum about issues that are unique to family-owned and closely held banks. Led by an advisory board of bankers with ownership and/or management responsibilities from Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, the retreat will feature up-to-date information in the following areas:
- Real-life banker stories and experiences
- Community banking as a long-term investment
- Recurring strategic and legal issues unique to family-owned and closely held banks
- Strategies for succession planning and talent management
- Compensation and benefit strategies
- Strategies for shareholder retention and succession
- Peer-to-peer networking
The retreat will be offered Tuesday, Oct. 29 through Wednesday, Oct. 30 at the Eagle Ridge Resort in Galena, Ill. Registration opens at 3:00 p.m. and the program begins at 3:30 p.m. Appropriate attire is business casual.
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa
384 Territory Drive | Galena, Illinois
Reservations: 800-892-2269, Option 1
- Inn Rooms Main Lodge $129 + $10 Resort Fee and Applicable Taxes
- Courtyard Rooms $129 + $10 Resort Fee and Applicable Taxes
- King Fireplace Courtyard Rooms $179 + $10 Resort Fee and Applicable Taxes
- King Fireplace Main Lodge Rooms $209 + $10 Resort Fee and Applicable Taxes
- Main Lodge Suites $179 + $10 Resort Fee and Applicable Taxes
Please contact the hotel directly at 800-892-2269, Option 1 and ask for the special “Family Owned/Closely Held Bank Retreat" rate. Room rate and availability cannot be guaranteed after Oct. 2, 2019.
Visit the hotel website for more information.