The FFIEC continues to update regulatory guidance for financial institutions. In general, there is a delay from the initial release of new regulatory expectations and their implementation in examination and auditing processes. With a few years of marinating, the FFIEC expectations are seeping into our institutions from Federal and State examiners, and from independent IT auditors.
Some of the guidance, such as that from the FFIEC Cybersecurity Assessment Tool, are clearly being seen in compliance-related process. But a solid understanding of all the cybersecurity-related guidance is key in ensuring as aspects of cybersecurity compliance are being addressed.
- FFIEC Cybersecurity Assessment Tool 2017 updates
- FFIEC Information Security Booklet 2016 rewrite
- FFIEC Retail Payments: Mobile Financial Services 2016 new guidance
- FFIEC Cybersecurity of Interbank Messaging and Wholesale Payment Networks 2016
- FFIEC IT Management Booklet 2015 rewrite
- FFIEC Joint Statement on Cyber Attacks Involving Extortion 2015
- FFIEC Statement on Destructive Malware 2015
- FFIEC Statement on Compromising Credentials 2015
Who Should Attend:
Information Security Officer, IT Manager, Risk Officer, Internal Auditor or other management team members looking to understand FFIEC compliance requirements.
Chad Knutson is a co-founder and Senior Information Security Consultant for SBS CyberSecurity, a premier cybersecurity consulting and audit firm dedicated to making a positive impact on the banking and financial services industry, and has served as President of the SBS Institute since 2013. Chad maintains his CISSP, CISA, and CRISC certifications, and received his Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems and his Master of Science in Information Assurance from Dakota State University.
Chad is dedicated to educating industry professionals about cybersecurity. While consulting with financial institutions, he saw the need to empower employees to be better prepared to confidently handle cybersecurity threats, create and manage strong information security programs, and understand ever-changing regulations at their institution. He was a driving force in the development of the SBS Institute certification program, which is uniquely designed to serve the banking industry by providing banking specific, role-based certifications cyber education. The SBS Institute has grown to include over ten certifications and State Association partners in over 30 states.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- Additional connection for a branch - $75
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395