As if COVID hasn’t caused enough suffering, fraudsters are piling on COVID-related scams at an alarming rate. Of course, they are also keeping up with their regular bag of tricks. FinCEN has issued advisories regarding fraud and reporting. Attend this timely webinar to ensure you can properly complete the SAR fields and narrative in fraud situations.
Pandemic-related fraud is on the rise. A number of familiar schemes with a COVID-19 slant have resurfaced with a vengeance! In its first guidance early in the pandemic and in many additional advisories since, FinCEN has advised us to be alert.
But just because there’s an uptick in pandemic-related fraud, that doesn’t mean the “old” types have slowed down. SAR filings remain high for suspicious activity related to virtual currency, elder financial exploitation, marijuana-related businesses, and cyber incidents. This jam-packed session will review FinCEN’s related reporting guidance. You’ll learn how to properly complete the SAR fields in these situations and how to ensure your SAR narrative contains the elements needed to best assist law enforcement. Participant materials will include procedures and best practices for determining when to file, SAR completion, and what to do after a filing.
- Understand how recent FinCEN advisories impact the SAR filing procedures
- Use provided tools to track advisory requirements and increase SAR accuracy
- Identify red flags for emerging fraud areas and determine when filing a SAR is necessary
- Write an effective SAR narrative containing all required components detailed in recent advisories and guidance
- Correct errors on previously filed reports
- Easy reference chart for recent FinCEN SAR-filing guidance
- Sample SAR completion procedures
- Suspicious activity report frequently asked questions
- SAR review checklist
- Sample suspicious incident report
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA officers, compliance officers, security officers, and anyone responsible for managing your BSA/AML program.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Dawn Kincaid, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending The Ohio State University. She has over 20 years’ experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing, and compliance. Most recently Dawn served as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a central-Ohio-based community bank, where she created and refined policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized implementation of new products and services. Dawn has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy, and Security Officer. She has led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information, completed a variety of regulatory applications, coordinated internal and external audits and exams, and presented for numerous state associations.
- Live Webinar - $245
- Recorded Webinar and Digital Download - $245 plus tax
- Live Webinar, Recorded Webinar and Digital Download - $320 plus tax