Five Best Practices for Reg E Disputes
Our topic for the webinar will focus on several simple steps to handle Reg E customer disputes and inquiries. Understanding the rules will help you satisfy the regulators but can also SAVE YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION MONEY by only paying the claims that you are required to reimburse for unauthorized transactions. We will review the steps required to handle disputes and inquiries and the time frames for resolving a claim for an unauthorized transaction. The only way you can be sure that your front-line staff is complying with this high-profile consumer protection regulation is by providing effective training and providing sound procedures. NOTE: This session does NOT address Visa or MasterCard chargeback rules.
What You’ll Learn
- 5 best practices for handling a Reg E dispute
- Basic disclosure requirements of Reg E and the definitions that guide the error resolution process
- Questions to ask a customer about a disputed transaction
- What should be included in an investigation report
- How to determine if a customer is liable for an unauthorized transaction
- Best practices for auditing Reg E claims
- New trends in debit card fraud
- Resources to educate customers about fraud prevention
Who Should Attend
This webinar will benefit Customer Service Reps, New Account Reps, Teller Supervisors, Deposit Operations staff, Security and Compliance Officers.
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training.
Costonis has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Costonis has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and translates complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real life examples.
Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $75 per person