GSB – Accounting Basics/Refreshers for Bankers
This seminar will provide the banker with the basics/refresher of accounting. The program will demonstrate how the income statement, statement of owner’s equity, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows are developed and connect to each other.
The seminar will also cover the ten-step accounting cycle leading up to the creation of the financial statements including the rules of debits and credits, accrual versus cash basis accounting, adjusting entries, accounting for inventory and receivables, long-term liabilities and depreciation, proper analysis of the notes to the financial statements, types of financial statements, and the CPA opinion.
The seminar will include several hands-on examples to reinforce the accounting concepts.
Items covered include:
- The four financial statements- income statement, statement of owner’s equity, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows
- The ten-step accounting cycle (business transactions to the post-closing trial balance)
- Rules of debits and credits
- Accrual versus cash basis accounting
- Adjusting entries
- Accounting for inventory and receivables
- Long-term liabilities and depreciation
- Analysis of the notes to the financial statements
- Types of financial statements and the CPA opinion
- Examples to reinforce accounting concepts
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, branch managers, private bankers, and business development officers
David Osburn, Osburn & Associates, LLC
Live presentation $330
Recording available through December 27, 2022