GSB – Advanced Tax Return Analysis for the Banker
This seminar will provide the banker with several advanced tax return concepts and related analyses to help them more effectively work with their business customers.
The session will begin with a brief review of analyzing a business owner’s personal 1040 tax return and the return of an LLC, S corporation, and C corporation including Schedules M-1 and M-2, Schedule K-1, pass-through transactions, and other deductions.
The remainder of the seminar will cover the following advanced tax topics related to business clients:
- Corporate tax Issues including business structure, Section 179 depreciation, and bonus depreciation
- Investments including capital gain/loss issues and passive activities
- Real estate issues including personal residence, rentals, home offices, and 1031 tax-free exchanges
- Employer provided benefits including Qualified Retirement Plans and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Retirement planning strategies including Defined Benefit (DB) plans
- Estate planning issues including gifting
- Year-end tax strategies
- Changes to the Tax Code that impact Business Owners including the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), the CARES Act, and proposed tax legislation
Target Audience: Commercial lenders, credit analysts, relationship managers, and credit administrators
David Osburn, Osburn & Associates, LLC
Live presentation $330
Recording available through February 22, 2023