Complaints happen. Do you dodge disputes or resolve them with ease? Is your complaint management system a well-oiled machine? Would it survive scrutiny from accountholders and examiners or expose your institution to reputational, legal, and financial risks? This webinar has the answers you need.
After this webinar you'll be able to:
- Understand the need for, and requirements of, a robust complaint management system - and meet regulator expectations
- Pinpoint key timeframes for responding to error notices and information requests
- Define unauthorized transactions versus billing error notices
- Explain the requirements for filing error notices to accountholders
- Distinguish between the requirements for handling debit and credit card errors
- Identify requirements for disputes regarding open-end credit (i.e., credit cards and HELOCs), electronic funds transfers, real estate loans, checks, and more
Have you ever been confronted by an accountholder who has a complaint about account handling? Or someone who disputes a check that already cleared her account? What should be done when someone claims he didn't deposit a check remotely and then withdraws the funds before it was returned unpaid?
Depending on the type of complaint or dispute, there are specific timeframes your financial institution must meet. It's critically important to know the ins and outs of these legal and regulatory requirements. Your institution faces reputational, legal, financial, and examination risks if complaints and disputes are mishandled. This webinar will give you the tools needed to handle these issues the right way - and survive examination scrutiny!
- Complaint management spreadsheet and outline
- Complaint resolution timeframe cheat sheet
- Resolution checklist by product type
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for tellers, service representatives, branch managers, call center staff, auditors, compliance personnel, and anyone who handles disputes or complaints.
Meet The Presenter
Mary-Lou Heighes, Compliance Plus, Inc.
Mary-Lou Heighes is President and founder of Compliance Plus, Inc., which has assisted financial institutions with the development of compliance programs since 2000. She provides compliance training for trade associations and financial institutions. Mary-Lou has been an instructor at regulatory compliance schools, conducts dozens of webinars, and speaks at numerous conferences throughout the country.
Involved with financial institutions since 1989, Mary-Lou has over 25 years' compliance experience. Before starting Compliance Plus in 2000, she spent five years working as a loan officer, marketer, and collector. She also worked at a state trade association for seven years providing compliance assistance and advising on state and federal legislative issues that affect financial institutions.
- Live Webinar - $245
- Recorded Webinar and Digital Copy - $245 + taxes
- Live, Recorded and Digital Copy - $320 + taxes