Health Savings Accounts – Annual Update and Review
The Health Savings Account program was signed into law in 2004 to help relieve the financial burden caused by high deductible health insurance plans. As premiums skyrocketed back in the early 2000’s, the “semi” cost-effective way of dealing with higher out-of-pocket expenses was to open a tax-deductible account earning tax-free interest when used for a qualified medical expense.
Over the last 15 years there have been many changes to HSAs so this annual update is a necessity when it comes to keeping up with the latest rules and regulations.
- What are the HSA Cost of Living Adjustments for 2022?
- What happens to a Family plan when one spouse enrolls in Medicare?
- Are customers eligible to have an HSA if they dropped their health insurance?
- What happens when an HSA owner dies?
- What are the reporting requirements by the bank and the HSA Customer?
- What are the new qualified tax-free medical expenses?
- Who can use the funds in the HSA?
- How are non-qualified withdrawals from an HSA taxed and penalized?
- Is there a time limit for an HSA owner to be reimbursed from an HSA for out-of-pocket medical expenses?
Who Should Attend?
All bank personnel involved in opening, processing and answering questions regarding Health Savings Accounts — including CSRs, Call Center Reps, Operations, and Compliance.
Patrice M. Konarik is president of Sunwest Training Corp. founded over 25 years ago and is located in the Texas Hill Country near San Antonio, Texas. With over 35 years in the financial industry, Konarik has focused her expertise on the retirement account area and is currently providing live training and Webinars on IRAs and Health Savings Accounts on a nationwide basis. She has a BS in management science from New York’s Binghamton University. Many state banking associations and other organizations use her as their main source for training on these complicated topics.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $75 per person