The uncertainty on the rules and regulations of HSAs and whose job is what, breeds mistakes created by the client and the financial institution. Although they haven't changed much in the last 16 years, our understanding of the rules and responsibilities may ease the day-to-day corrections we are currently providing when the clients make their mistakes.
Whether you are currently offering HSAs to your client base or are 'on the fence', this detailed webinar will make you feel more informed and comfortable with the definition on your duties.
- What are the 5 mandatory requirements for HSA eligibility?
- What are the NEW contribution limits for 2020?
- What responsibilities does the financial institution have to monitor qualified medical expense withdrawals?
- What kind of account should the HSA money be invested in?
- How do we handle excess contributions and re-deposit medical expense reimbursements?
- What are the IRS reporting requirements for HSA contributions and distributions?
- What are the 4 major “trouble spots” for HSA accounts and the recommendations to resolve the problems?
Who Should Attend?
New Account Representatives, Certificate of Deposit Personnel, Savings Counselors, Accountholder Service Representatives, Investment and Trust Personnel who are involved in the opening, selling, marketing, or administration of HSAs. Any officer/manager who "oversees" the New Account department and may be responsible for answering HSA accountholders questions or concerns but does not actually open HSA accounts.
Patrice M. Konarik is president of Sunwest Training Corp. founded over 25 years ago and is located in the Texas Hill Country near San Antonio, Texas. With over 35 years in the financial industry, Patrice has focused her expertise on the retirement account area and is currently providing live training and Webinars on IRAs and Health Savings Accounts on a nationwide basis. She has a BS in Management Science from New York’s Binghamton University. Many state banking associations and other organizations use her as their main source for training on these complicated topics.
- Live Plus Five (days) - $265
- OnDemand Recording - $295
- CD-ROM - $345
- Live Plus Six (months) - $365
- Premier Package - $395