Happy 15th Birthday to Health Savings Accounts! Why is it after all these years, the same mistakes are being made over and over again? While we were patient during the learning curve as a new product, enough is enough! The HSA owners must take responsibility for their role in using these accounts correctly.
Whether you are now offering HSAs or are thinking about offering HSAs, this 2-hour, extremely informative webinar will give you the information you need to make sure you are setting the accounts up correctly and performing the proper maintenance and reporting.
- What are the 5 mandatory requirements for HSA eligibility?
- What are the NEW contribution limits for 2018/2019?
- What responsibilities does the financial institution have to monitor qualified medical expense withdrawals?
- What kind of account should the HSA money be invested in?
- How do we handle excess contributions and re-deposit medical expense reimbursements?
- What are the IRS reporting requirements for HSA contributions and distributions?
- What are the 4 major “trouble spots” for HSA accounts and the recommendations to solve the problems?
Who Should Attend:
New Account Representatives, Certificate of Deposit Personnel, Savings Counselors, Accountholder Service Representatives, Investment and Trust Personnel who are involved in the opening, selling, marketing, or administration of HSAs. Any officer/manager who "oversees" the New Account department and may be responsible for answering HSA accountholders questions or concerns but does not actually open HSA accounts.
Patrice M. Konarik is president of Sunwest Training Corp. founded almost 25 years ago and is located in the Texas Hill Country near San Antonio, Texas. With over 30 years in the financial industry, Patrice has focused her expertise on IRAs and HSAs and is currently providing live training and Webinars on these products on a nationwide basis. She has a BS in Management Science from New York’s Binghamton University. Many state banking associations and other organizations use her as their main source for training on these complicated topics. Patrice encourages attendees to ask questions during the Webinars.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- Additional connection for a branch - $75
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395