HELOC Compliance: Disclosures, Documentation, Advertising, Amending & More
Popular, highly regulated, and detail driven, HELOCs are often a consumer’s product of choice to access the equity in their home. This detailed program will address HELOC advertising, application, changes, draws, disclosures, amendments, termination, guidance, and more. Ensure your program checks off all the compliance “boxes.”
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Understand the specific disclosures required in HELOC documents
- Analyze the restrictions on advertising HELOC products and the mandatory special wording
- Distinguish when a change in terms notice must be sent to the borrower
- Explain the special notice that must be given when a HELOC is reduced, suspended, or terminated
- Determine if a HELOC can be terminated when the borrower moves out of the home or if the home significantly declines in value
- Properly manage HELOCs nearing their end-of-draw period
A home equity line of credit is a special type of loan that is highly regulated. Every aspect of a HELOC has special rules. There are special disclosures to include in loan documents, specific wording required in advertisements, particular limitations on when the lender may decrease or suspend a HELOC, and special timing requirements for disclosures that must be sent before a HELOC matures. Regulation Z prohibits a lender from changing any term of a HELOC, except in very limited circumstances. This webinar will explain the required HELOC disclosures and the restrictions on HELOC advertising. It also will explain the specific situations when a lender is permitted to decrease, suspend, or terminate a HELOC, and the proper steps a lender must take to do so. In addition, how to handle HELOCs nearing their end-of-draw periods will be covered.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for all mortgage loan officers, loan operations personnel, managers, compliance officers, internal auditors, marketing personnel, and attorneys.
- HELOC advertising checklist
- Interagency Guidance on Home Equity Lines of Credit Nearing Their End-of-Draw Period
- Interagency Guidance on Credit Risk Management for Home Equity Lending
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Elizabeth Fast, JD, CPA – Spencer Fane LLP
Elizabeth Fast is a partner with Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP where she specializes in the representation of financial institutions. Fast is the head of the firm’s training division. She received her law degree from the University of Kansas and her undergraduate degree from Pittsburg State University. In addition, she has a Master of Business Administration degree and she is a Certified Public Accountant. Before joining Spencer Fane, she was General Counsel, Senior Vice President, and Corporate Secretary of a $9 billion bank with more than 130 branches, where she managed all legal, regulatory, and compliance functions.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download