Financial institutions have settled into the 2018 HMDA revisions. The world of HMDA has changed in a dramatic fashion. On April 16, 2020, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) published a final rule amending Regulation C to set the thresholds for reporting data about:
- Closed-end mortgage loans, so that institutions originating fewer than 25 closed-end mortgage loans in either of the two preceding calendar years will not have to report such data effective July 1, 2020.
- Open-end lines of credit at 200 open-end lines of credit effective January 1, 2022, upon the expiration of the temporary threshold of 500 open-end lines of credit.
What You’ll Learn
- A thorough explanation of which institutions are covered by HMDA and Regulation C
- A review of which loans are and are not reportable
- Detailed information on how to complete the LAR
- Information regarding amendments related to the collection of ethnicity, race, and sex of applicants and borrowers
- Detail on the data submission and public availability requirements
Who Should Attend
The program is designed for loan officers, compliance officers, loan processors and clerks and auditors.
Kimberly Boatwright is EVP and Director of Risk and Compliance at Compliance Resource, LLC, and has more than two decades of experience working in the financial services industry. Ms. Boatwright is a well-regarded financial industry risk and compliance professional with a strong background in program development and implementation. She is a thought leader who specializes in Fair Lending, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC, and consumer compliance. During her career, she has worked for and consulted with all types of financial institutions helping to establish and evolve compliance and risk programs. She is a frequent public speaker, trainer, and author on compliance and risk management topics. Boatwright is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $75 per person