The 2018 modifications to HMDA were massive, and many financial institutions are still dealing with the challenges of collecting data under the burdensome new requirements. The partial exemption provisions resulting from EGRRCPA were a blessing and a curse. Now with a key exemption being revoked by the CFPB in December of 2022, knowing what to do and how to do it has never been more important.
This two-hour webinar provides insight into the murky areas of HMDA which may result in the failure to report the appropriate loans on the LAR or errors in reported data fields. Participants receive a detailed manual that serves as a handbook long after the program is completed.
What You’ll Learn
- A thorough explanation of which institutions are covered by HMDA and Regulation C for the 2022 reporting cycle
- Which institutions are eligible for the EGRRCPA partial HMDA exemption and options for compliance available to those institutions
- A review of which loans are and are not reportable
- Detailed information on how to complete the LAR
- Clarification of the rules related to secondary market and broker transactions
- Detail on the data submission and public availability requirements
- Steps to identify and eliminate reporting errors and thereby avoid penalties
- Actions to take to prepare for submitting the 2023 data to the CFPB
Who Should Attend
Whether new to the requirements of HMDA and Regulation C or a seasoned veteran, this program provides a comprehensive review of the existing requirements of HMDA and Regulation C and is designed for loan officers, compliance officers, loan processors, and HMDA staff and auditors.
Kimberly Boatwright is EVP and Director of Risk and Compliance at Compliance Resource, LLC, and has more than two decades of experience working in the financial services industry. Ms. Boatwright is a well-regarded financial industry risk and compliance professional with a strong background in program development and implementation. She is a thought leader who specializes in Fair Lending, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC, and consumer compliance. During her career, she has worked for and consulted with all types of financial institutions helping to establish and evolve compliance and risk programs. She is a frequent public speaker, trainer, and author on compliance and risk management topics. Boatwright is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $85 per person