How to Handle & Respond to Subpoenas, Summonses, Garnishments, & Levies
Imagine being served with a subpoena or summons and handling it with poise and confidence. If that scenario is more dream than reality, this is the webinar for you! Legal processes, garnishments, and levies don’t have to be intimidating. Learn the ins and outs of how to compliantly address each issue.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Comply with financial privacy restrictions when responding to subpoenas and summonses
- Explain your institution’s legal responsibilities in processing garnishments and levies
- Understand the special procedures for accounts containing federal benefit payments
- Accurately calculate the amount that must be protected in accounts with federal benefit payments
- Determine whether to attach a joint account or an account held by a trust, sole proprietorship, corporation, or other entity
- Notify accountholders in a timely fashion when required
Who Should Attend?
This informative session will benefit deposit operations personnel, service representatives, tellers, collectors, compliance staff, privacy officers, auditors, attorneys, and managers.
- Official Guidelines for Garnishment of Accounts Containing Federal Benefit Payments issued by the Department of the Treasury
- Sample notice form to be sent to accountholders
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download