How to Handle & Respond to Subpoenas, Summonses, Garnishments, & Levies
Has your institution implemented proper procedures for handling subpoenas, summonses, garnishments, and levies?
Although these complicated legal documents are part of the daily fabric, many staff members are not properly trained to handle them – thus exposing the institution to significant liability. Don’t miss this must-attend session.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Comply with financial privacy restrictions when responding to subpoenas and summonses
- Explain your institution’s legal responsibilities in processing garnishments and levies
- Understand the special procedures for accounts containing federal benefit payments
- Accurately calculate the amount that must be protected in accounts with federal benefit payments
- Determine whether to attach a joint account or an account held by a trust, sole proprietorship, corporation, or other entity
- Notify accountholders in a timely fashion when required
This webinar will explain the legal processes and the situations in which subpoenas, summonses, garnishments, and levies can be served on your institution. It will describe proper handling, such as determining what information can and can’t be disclosed, identifying accounts, placing account holds, answering interrogatories, notifying the accountholder, and remitting funds. The special requirements and procedures for accounts that receive federal benefit payments will also be included.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session will benefit deposit operations personnel, account service representatives, tellers, collectors, compliance personnel, privacy officers, auditors, attorneys, and managers.
- Official Guidelines for Garnishment of Accounts Containing Federal Benefit Payments issued by the Department of the Treasury
- Sample notice form to send to accountholders
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download