Most HR legal blunders begin with managers because managers have the most daily contact with employees. It is often the actions and statements of managers that turn HR issues into legal issues. This webinar will review HR legal basics for managers and give them practical tools to avoid HR legal issues.
It is more important than ever that managers understand HR legal basics and how to have critical conversations with employees as the pandemic, social justice unrest, and other challenging issues stress employees and workplaces. As employment litigation is on the rise, smart employers ensure that their managers have a solid foundation of HR legal basics in order to reduce legal risk.
This webinar will provide your managers with a valuable and easy-to-understand overview of key HR concepts and laws and will give them practical information and tools they can use to avoid legal pitfalls.
- Basics of at-will employment
- Keys to legal interviews
- Key anti-discrimination laws and why managers need to understand them
- What managers need to know about core laws like the ADA and FMLA
- When can verbal statements become binding promises
- Key wage and hour laws
- What managers need to know about harassment law
- Questions every manager should ask when they are going to discipline or terminate someone
- Best practices in documenting employment issues
- Other hot buttons managers should avoid
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, and HR professionals will all benefit from the program.
Jennifer S. Mirus is the Co-Chairperson of the Labor & Employment team at Boardman & Clark LLP in Madison, Wisconsin. Jennifer has been practicing employment law in Madison for over 24 years. Jennifer represents employers in all aspects of employment relations, including hiring, discipline and terminations, wage and hour issues, discrimination, ADA, FMLA, and harassment. Jennifer also has extensive experience representing financial institutions in all of their HR issues and enjoys conducting human resources and management trainings for clients of all sizes.
Live Plus Five (days) - $265
OnDemand Recording - $295
CD-ROM - $345
Live Plus Six (months) - $365
Premier Package - $395