Interpreting Call Reports for the Board
Your institution invests a lot of time and effort into the Call Report. Think beyond your regulators and use the information and resources from this webinar to transform your Call Report into a useful tool for meaningful business decision-making for management and the board.
After This Webinar You’ll be Able To:
- Understand the importance of the Call Report
- Explain the impacts of recent Call Report revisions, proposals, and accounting pronouncements
- Describe the impact of loan classification
- Define the effects of asset risk-weighting on regulatory capital and strategic planning
- Identify public Call Report data resources and how to use them to affect meaningful business decision-making at your institution
This informative session will cover Call Report basics, including an overview of the information included, why the Call Report is important, and what the board needs to know to sign off each quarter. You’ll learn about recent Call Report changes, upcoming accounting standards changes, and the impacts of loan classification and asset risk weighting. While focusing on these key elements, this timely session will also highlight how the information can be leveraged for strategic planning.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for directors and staff who work with the board on governance and strategic planning, such as CEOs, chief lending officers, CFOs, and chief operating officers.
- List of resources to help develop your own approach to enhance the board’s understanding of the Call Report and use it for meaningful decision-making
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
Note: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Kira Sexton, CPA, MBA – CLA
Kira Sexton has over 10 years of professional public accounting experience, performing various assurance and consulting services for financial institutions. Sexton currently serves financial institutions ranging from $50 million to more than $1 billion in total assets in multiple states. She is the leader of CLA’s Indiana financial institutions team. She also leads operational excellence, data analytics, and employee growth initiatives within CLA Indiana and firm wide.
Sexton attended Indiana University and received a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a master’s degree in business administration. She is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and several other professional organizations.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download