IRA Beneficiary Designations & Distributions Part A: Proper Handling, Responsibilities, & Compliance
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Know the considerations when naming IRA beneficiaries
- Per capita vs. per stirpes designations
- Minor IRA beneficiary considerations
- Organizations as beneficiaries
- Review the beneficiary options on the quick reference chart
- Consider divorce and power of attorney issues
- Understand community and marital property state rules and issues
- Handle and report beneficiary death distributions
Join this lively presentation regarding financial organizations’ responsibilities and considerations when handling IRA beneficiary designations and distributions. The SECURE Act has made beneficiary rules and distributions more complex and challenging. In Part A of this two-part session, you will learn about many important traditional and Roth IRA issues, including beneficiary election deadlines and certain reporting obligations. There will also be an overview of IRA beneficiary distribution options for deaths occurring prior to January 1, 2020. Part B will explore beneficiary options for deaths occurring on or after January 1, 2020, in greater detail.
Who Should Attend?
This webinar will benefit anyone involved with IRA accounts, including service representatives, operations staff, compliance staff, and administrative personnel. Management, trust department staff, and licensed insurance and securities personnel will also benefit from this timely session.
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Frank LaLoggia — LaLoggia Consulting, Inc.
Frank LaLoggia is the president of LaLoggia Consulting, Inc., Rochester, New York, a pension consulting firm that assists financial organizations with ongoing support in the creation, development, and marketing of their retirement plans offerings.
LaLoggia coordinates and conducts retirement plan seminars and training programs throughout the United States, including in-house IRA, HSA and employer retirement plan training sessions. With over 39 years’ experience in employee benefits, he has assisted many leading financial organizations in the pension and financial services industries. LaLoggia has achieved the designation of Deferred Compensation Specialist through Northeastern University’s Center for Continuing Education and The National Retirement Plans Training Conference.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download