IRA Essentials gives attendees a solid foundation of IRA knowledge. Exercises are included throughout the day to help participants apply information to job-related situations. Attendees will leave this session able to work with IRA owners and process basic IRA transactions with confidence. This is a beginner’s session; no previous IRA knowledge is assumed. Attendees should bring a hand-held calculator.
Holiday Inn Eau Claire South
4751 Owen Ayres Court
Eau Claire, WI
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West
1109 Fourier Drive
Best Western Premier Bridgewood Resort Hotel & Conference Center
1000 Cameron Way
Ready for more advanced information? Register for our IRA Advanced Workshops!
- Introduction and Establishing IRAs
- Identify the tax differences of a Traditional and Roth IRA
- Examine the process for establishing an IRA and the required documents
- Differentiate between the types of beneficiaries
- IRA Funding
- Learn about the Traditional and Roth IRA eligibility requirements
- Identify the contribution limit and deadline
- Communicate contribution reporting deadlines
- IRA Distributions
- Identify federal income tax withholding requirements
- Examine IRS penalties and penalty exceptions
- Summarize the tax consequences of IRA distributions
- Communicate distribution reporting deadlines
- IRA Portability
- Differentiate between a rollover and a transfer
- Recognize rollovers between IRAs and employer-sponsored retirement plans
Who Should Attend:
- need to learn the basics of Traditional and Roth IRAs or
- want an updated, general refresher on IRA rules.
The registration fee of $225 includes program registration, instruction and materials, refreshment breaks and lunch.
A refund, less a $25 administrative fee, is provided for cancellations requested 3 days prior to the event.