IRAs Part 3 – Distributions to Owners and Beneficiaries
In the past 2 years, you have probably fielded lots of questions from your clients regarding the many IRA changes and, most specifically, about how they affect beneficiary payouts. This can greatly affect estate and financial planning strategies. Just when we thought we had the answers, in February 2022, the IRS released NEW proposed regulations effecting beneficiary payouts that are expected to take affect this year and make a hybrid of the ‘pre-SECURE Act’ rules and the new SECURE Act rules that became effective 1/1/2020.
In addition, Congress has passed a sweeping retirement update that will go to the Senate and possibly be passed before the end of the year and signed into law — a.k.a. The SECURE Act 2.0. This may extend the age for beginning RMDs from IRAs and have other very substantial changes all to be discussed in this essential webinar.
What You’ll Learn
- New federal income tax withholding rules
- When an IRA owner postpones their first RMD
- When beneficiaries have optional distributions and/or must take an RMD
- Different types of beneficiaries for payout options
- Which age used to calculate Single Life payments to a beneficiary
- Who is required to take the deceased owner’s RMD and report to the IRS
- 9 red flags of beneficiary payouts
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is remotely involved with IRAs and answering client’s questions on the old and new IRA distribution rules — especially to beneficiaries. Customer service reps, financial and estate planners, IRA operations department, tellers, call centers, and frontline personnel would all benefit from this informative webinar.
Patrice M. Konarik is president of Sunwest Training Corp. founded over 25 years ago and is located in the Texas Hill Country near San Antonio, TX. With over 35 years in the financial industry, Konarik has focused her expertise on the retirement account area and is currently providing live training and webinars on IRAs and Health Savings Accounts on a nationwide basis. She has a BS in Management Science from New York’s Binghamton University. Many state banking associations and other organizations use her as their main source for training on these complicated topics.
Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $75 per person