IRS Reporting, B Notices, Fines & Penalty Letters
Year-end predictably brings IRS reporting requirements and deadlines. This timely training will help you master W-9s, W-8BENs, CP2100 and B notices, and comply with FATCA. Now’s the time to master best practices for compliance and efficiency.
- W-9 line-by-line review
- W-9 and FATCA exemption codes
- SSNs, ITINs, and EINs – who needs what
- Reporting on Forms 1099-INT and 1042-S
- How to handle name and TIN mismatches
- CP2100 and B notices and penalty letters with fines
- How the IRS sets up name control files
- Line-by-line instruction on the W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E
- What is a nonresident alien? What if there is no country address?
- FATCA basics and how it impacts your organization
- Documenting GIIN for foreign financial institutions
This program will provide a line-by-line review of IRS Forms 1099-INT and 1042-S and subsequent tax reporting. It will focus on what financial institutions have to do from the tax reporting and documentation standpoint to be prepared for FATCA. The program will also address the impact on 1042-S reporting changes for nonresident aliens. Your job as a withholding agent has never been so important and the forms emphasize your important role in the tax reporting chain that affects this country and accounts for U.S. persons overseas.
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is designed for deposit operations staff, deposit compliance personnel, new account representatives, bookkeepers, IRS reporting specialists, and anyone who opens accounts or reports interest to the IRS.
- Withholding manual
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Deborah Crawford – Gettechnical Inc
Deborah Crawford is the president of Gettechnical Inc., a Florida-based firm, specializing in the education of financial institutions across the nation. Her 30+ years of experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. She graduated from Louisiana State University with both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
Crawford specializes in the education of financial institution employees and officers in the areas of deposit account laws, new account documentation, insurance, complex compliance regulations, and IRAs.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download