Job-Specific BSA Training for Frontline
Frontline BSA compliance is essential to a successful examination. Training is critical, but training must evolve with the times. Is your training comprehensive enough and does it contain emerging money laundering red flags? Join this webinar to get expert insight into BSA training for the frontline!
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Identify potential money laundering scenarios and understand the reporting requirements for suspicious activity
- Discuss the new FinCEN advisory on elder financial exploitation issued June 15, 2022
- Understand the five pillars of an effective AML (anti-money laundering) program
- Explain due diligence and account opening requirements for legal entity customers under the beneficial ownership rules
- Distinguish between normal and suspicious activity based on the risk profile
Job-specific BSA training has been emphasized in the BSA Examination Manual for several years. The frontline’s BSA responsibilities are a huge part of a successful examination. However, simply doing the same training program each year is not adequate. Money laundering activities continue to evolve and frontline training must keep pace with emerging risks. This session will cover the basic expectations for completing CTRs; scenarios for reporting suspicious activity and recent trends in SARs; and the framework for an effective customer identification program for opening new accounts. Join us for a fast-paced review of the basics and also learn about emerging money laundering red flags in 2022.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session will benefit all employees who open and service accounts. It is designed for tellers, new account representatives, customer service representatives, call center employees, loan officers, loan assistants, branch managers, BSA officers, BSA support staff, and anyone involved in the BSA program.
- SAR checklist to identify, monitor, and report suspicious activity based on BSA exam procedures and the risk assessment process
- Sample BSA responsibility matrix, including SAR monitoring and CIP
- CTR compliance review checklist
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Susan Costonis, CRCM – Compliance Training & Consulting for Financial Institutions
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer who began her career in 1978. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Costonis has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real-life examples.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download