Focusing on consumer and mortgage lending.
This program was developed to help bankers build the foundation and skills necessary to become a successful consumer and/or mortgage lender. Students will learn the process of basic lending and then put it into practice through various exercises and case studies.
The 2018 Lending Boot Camp will be held May 15-17 at the Wisconsin Bankers Association Office in Madison. Classes will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday and conclude at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday. An additional registration option is available for those bankers who do not want to cover mortgage lending. See registration information below for more details.
Students will gain the following from the program:
- Increased knowledge of the steps and analysis process involved in consumer and real estate lending.
- An understanding of the various types of consumer and mortgage loans and their loan documentation requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of the various lending rules and regulations.
- Improved skills in determining customer needs through the interviewing process.
- The opportunity to learn from respected and experienced faculty members as well as peers.
- Preparation for future study at the WBA Residential Mortgage Lending School and WBA Loan Compliance School.
- Dynamics of Lending - understanding lending's role in the bank and the importance of the lending decision.
- Lending Compliance - including an overview of the following regulations geared for new lenders:
- Fair Lending
- Truth in Lending Act
- HMDA Reporting
- Lending Principles - a look at the 5 C's of credit, understanding the credit report, understanding your bank's loan policy, evaluation and quality assurance.
- Consumer Lending
- Types of consumer loans
- Application process and documentation
- Sales/relationship building
- Case study application
- Mortgage Lending
- Types of mortgage loans
- Application and interview process
- Disclosures and timelines
- Closing the loan
- Case study application
Who Should Attend:
This program will provide fundamental instruction appropriate for loan officer trainees, loan support personnel, new lenders, branch managers, universal bankers and personal bankers. Attendees who attend all three days will receive a certificate of attendance.
Full 3 Day Lending Boot Camp Registration:
The registration fee of $795 includes program registration, all instructions and materials, daily lunch buffets and refreshment breaks, and dinner on Tuesday.
2 Day Lending Compliance & Consumer Lending Only Registration:
Bankers can choose to attend only the compliance and consumer lending modules (Tuesday 5/15 - Wednesday 5/16) for the registration fee of $535/attendee.
Hotel Lodging Available:
Lodging is available for an additional $125/night and includes a daily hot breakfast buffet. Reservations will be made at the Cambria Hotel and Suites Madison, location in the same business park as the WBA office.
Click Register for more information, to view the full school schedule and register online.