This is Part 2 of a 2 Part Series on basic compliance regulations. To register for the full series, click HERE.
Whether new to lending compliance or an old pro the key to complying with the lending compliance regulations is a thorough understanding of the basic requirements of each regulation. We see examiners cite more violations of requirements that have been in place for decades than we do requirements of newly effective rules.
This two-hour program covers the basic requirements of each covered regulation. For each covered topic we focus on:
- Covered and exempt transactions;
- Required disclosures:
- Timing of the disclosures;
- Content of the disclosures; and
- Regulatory restrictions and prohibitions.
- Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z);
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X);
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B);
- Fair Housing Act;
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (Regulation C);
- Flood Insurance Rules;
- Fair Credit Reporting Act;
- Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Act);
- Community Reinvestment Act;
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act; and
- Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices.
Who Should Attend?
The program is designed for Compliance Officers, Loan Officers, Loan Processors, Auditors, and others with responsibilities related to the origination and servicing of mortgage loans.
Jack Holzknecht is the CEO of Compliance Resource, LLC. He has been delivering the word on lending compliance for 45 years. In 40 years as a trainer over 150,000 bankers (and many examiners) have participated in Jack’s live seminars and webinars. Jack’s career began in 1976 as a federal bank examiner. He later headed the product and education divisions of a regional consulting company. There he developed loan and deposit form systems and software. He also developed and presented training programs to bankers in 43 states. Jack has been an instructor at compliance schools presented by a number of state bankers associations. As a contractor, he developed and delivered compliance training for the FDIC for ten years. He is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and a member of the National Speakers Association.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395