This 90-minute webinar will cover the two federal laws that govern the extension of credit to active duty Servicemembers; the Servicemember's Civil Relief Act (SCRA) and the Military Lending Act (MLA).
- The maximum rate of interest that may be assessed against an existing extension of credit under the SCRA;
- Other protections available to active duty Servicemembers under the SCRA including prohibitions against default judgment, repossession and foreclosure;
- A look at what’s included in and the proper way to calculate the military annual percentage rate (MAPR) under the MLA;
- Additional disclosure requirements associated with the MLA; and
- Product limitations and restrictions imposed by the MLA.
Who Should Attend?
Lenders, underwriters, lending support staff, collections professionals, managers and consumer compliance staff would all benefit from the information presented during this webinar.
About the Presenter
As principal of Michael Christians Consulting, LLC, Michael assists financial institutions across the country with ensuring their compliance programs conform to Federal laws and regulations. He provides counsel relative to current rules, assists with the strategic implementation of upcoming regulatory changes and offers customized education and training services.
Michael has more than two decades of experience in the financial services industry with a primary focus on consumer compliance. He obtained his Juris Doctorate from Drake University Law School. He is a member of the Iowa State Bar where he is licensed to practice law.
“Live” Web connection - $265
Additional connection for a branch - $75
6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395