This is for Part 1 only.
Learn about basic loan documentation principles and practices under Revised Article 9 for collateral.
- Loan applications and financial statements
- Loan committee memos and presentations
- Lien document
- Lien perfection including UCC-1 and other filing requirements
- Lien searches and title verification documents
- Promissory notes
- Authorization documentation for all kinds of borrowers
- Insurance on collateral and key persons
Who Should Attend:
Bankers at all experience levels will find this program helpful. We will include ample time for questions and answers.
Robin Russell has practiced law for 30 years and is licensed in Texas, New York, and Massachusetts. She is a fellow in the American College of Bankruptcy and of the American Law Institute. She combines a depth of experience in bankruptcy restructuring and litigation with financial transactions. She has represented corporate debtors, independent directors, liquidating trustees, bondholders, unsecured creditors' committees, bank groups, private equity funds, landlords, trade creditors and bidders for estate assets in Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings. She has also represented banks, institutional lenders and corporate borrowers in commercial loan transactions and debt restructurings.
Robin is the principal author of Thomson Reuters’ Texas Practice Guides for both Creditors’ Rights and Financial Transactions and the Texas Bankers Association’s Texas Secured Lending Guide, Texas Problem Loan Guide, Texas Real Estate Lending Guide, and Texas Account Documentation Guide. She is a frequent speaker on banking, bankruptcy and financial restructuring related topics and has served as a Chapter 7 Trustee. Robin received her LL.M. in Banking Law from Boston University and her J.D. from Baylor University where she was Editor-in-Chief of the Baylor Law Review and the highest ranking graduate in her class. She clerked for the Texas Supreme Court before beginning her legal career.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- Additional connection for a branch - $75
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395