Gain an essential understanding of agricultural collateral, risk management, loan documentation, loan administration, and loan monitoring.
This webinar will provide bankers with an essential understanding of agricultural collateral, the risks presented by agricultural lending, agricultural loan documentation, and loan administration.
Experienced lenders will find the material covered to be a beneficial review, while less experienced bankers will benefit from a strong foundation in the OCC guidelines for safety and soundness in agricultural lending and their application in day-to-day loan monitoring.
What You Will Learn
- Risks of agricultural lending
- Common agricultural collateral
- Agricultural loan documentation
- The Food Security Act of 1985
- Agricultural financial statements
- Statutory liens on farm products
- Documents of title: warehouse receipts and bills of lading
- Dealing with warehoused farm products
- Commodity contracts
- Crop and livestock inspections
- Registered livestock
- Farming operations on leased or mortgaged property
- Crop and other insurance
- Federal farm programs
- Lending limits
Who Should Attend?
Anyone involved in ag lending and ag loan documentation, including loan officers, assistants and secretaries, operations personnel, credit analysts, and loan administration personnel.
Robin Russell has practiced law for 30 years and is licensed in Texas, New York, and Massachusetts. She is a fellow in the American College of Bankruptcy and of the American Law Institute. She combines a depth of experience in bankruptcy restructuring and litigation with financial transactions. She has represented corporate debtors, independent directors, liquidating trustees, bondholders, unsecured creditors' committees, bank groups, private equity funds, landlords, trade creditors, and bidders for estate assets in Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings. She has also represented banks, institutional lenders, and corporate borrowers in commercial loan transactions and debt restructurings.
Robin is the principal author of Thomson Reuters’ Texas Practice Guides for both Creditors’ Rights and Financial Transactions and the Texas Bankers Association’s Texas Secured Lending Guide, Texas Problem Loan Guide, Texas Real Estate Lending Guide, and Texas Account Documentation Guide. She is a frequent speaker on banking, bankruptcy, and financial restructuring-related topics and has served as a Chapter 7 Trustee. Robin received her LL.M. in Banking Law from Boston University and her J.D. from Baylor University where she was Editor-in-Chief of the Baylor Law Review and the highest-ranking graduate in her class. She clerked for the Texas Supreme Court before beginning her legal career.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395