The annual Management Conference is ideal for community banker leaders to come together for networking and education about the ever-changing banking industry. CEOs and members of the bank's management team are encouraged to attend as a group to take advantage of this great networking conference. Banks should also bring along their BOLT (Building Our Leaders of Tomorrow) members as a way to incorporate your emerging leaders.
The 2018 Management Conference & Expo will be held on September 12-13 at the Madison Marriot West Convention Center in Middleton. The conference will kick off at 5:30 p.m. on September 12th with a welcome reception and dinner program. Conference sessions on September 13th will start at 7:30 a.m. and conclude by 3:00 p.m.
The full conference agenda has now been announced – Check out our speaker and topic lineup!
- John Waupsch, Chief Innovation Officer at Kasasa, will start the conference off with a look at the seismic shift of all aspects of the banking model, discover how adaptation begins with simple incremental steps, and he'll share success stories to bring home and share with your team. John's presentation is based on his popular book, Bankruption: How Community Banking Can Survive Fintech.
- Economic analyst Dudley Carter from ICBA Securities will take a look at the economy and share his outlook for 2019 and beyond.
- Executive coach and leadership speaker Donna Flynn, SkillsMastery Group, Inc. will address the human resources "trifecta" affecting every bank in Wisconsin - how do you recruit quality employees, retain your star performers, and manage costly turnover.
- Following lunch, UFS' Mike Tenpas will facilitate a panel discussion on technology management strategies. Experienced bankers will join Mike as the panelists and share their insight, experiences, and ideas for community banking.
- Attendees will definitely want to stick around for our closing session, The Power to Stand. Chris Norton was paralyzed during a college football game, but has beaten the odds and persevered through the most challenging obstacles.
Check out the full conference agenda for more details.
Attendees will also enjoy plenty of networking opportunities, including an optional pre-conference golf outing at University Ridge Golf Course or perhaps the complimentary bike ride around Madison's west side is more your style. Check out the pre-conference options available to enhance your conference experience and networking opportunities!
Team pricing is available for your bank's management team! The registration fee for your first bank attendee is $250 and includes all meals and conference sessions. Additional employees from your bank can register for $195/additional attendee. Bankers from the same organization must register at the same time to receive team pricing.
Registration for the optional pre-conference golf outing will be accepted from bankers, directors, and spouses who are registered for the conference. The fee of $100/golfer includes golf (scramble format), half cart, light breakfast, boxed lunch, and reception. Conference sponsors may also be offered golf registration depending on availability.
Spouses/guests (non-bankers) can be registered for all meals (including dinner banquet and receptions, breakfast and lunch buffets, and the closing reception) for $150/guest. Spouses/guests (non-bankers) can also register for just Wednesday evening's reception and dinner banquet for $85/guest.
Click Register for more information on the conference, the hotel room block information, and to register online.
Associate Member Registration Options:
WBA Associate Members who wish to attend the conference without exhibiting can register at the rate of $350/attendee, which includes all meals and conference sessions. Check out the Exhibitor Information and Sponsor Information pages for more information on great opportunities! If you have any questions, please contact WBA's Nick Loppnow via email or 608-441-1208.