Managing Your ACH Exceptions and Decreasing Risk
Do you understand what an ACH Exception is and the ACH requirements around them? Many exceptions are rare, and you may find yourself second guessing what you should do. Gain a better understanding of exception processing from returns to notifications of changes to DNE and more. You’ll want to make sure you understand your responsibilities as a Receiving Depository Financial Institution so you can manage your risk.
We’ll discuss the timeline for handling the different exceptions. We will also address reinitiated entry rules and the return rate reporting that ODFI’s are required to do.
What You Will Learn
- Ways to identify exceptions as an RDFI and ODFI and determine the best course of action
- Understanding the timeframes for exception processing
- Best practices for limiting your liability
- An understanding of the importance of using the correct return and NOC codes
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for ACH personnel, operations personnel, and compliance and risk personnel.
Mary Kate Cole, AAP, CAE, principal of MK Cole Consulting, has nearly two decades of bank operations experience. Cole is an experienced ACH Auditor as well as speaker on payments related topics. She was VP of the Upper Midwest ACH Association for over 15 years. At that time, she was responsible for member education, ACH Audits and problem solving as well as ACH Development projects. Cole has been active in several National ACH Association Rules Work Groups over her career. She is a popular speaker at both local and national conferences on electronic payments related topics.
Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $75 per person