Marketing in 2023: Digital and Social Media Compliance Considerations
Today’s marketing department has the benefit of many advertising options, including social media, websites, TV, radio, and more. Whether your promotions are digital, print, or televised, multiple compliance regulations strictly prescribe what can be said, the elements that should be included, and how they should be displayed. Compliance violations can result in fines or lawsuits.
Social media posts are a great way to communicate with existing customers and gain new ones as well, but what can we post? What disclosures must be provided? How do we respond to a consumer complaint received via social media? In this session, we will answer those questions and more, and provide you with tools to help craft your institution’s social media policy. We will review the compliance considerations for both lending and deposit products. We will also discuss how best to market through Social Media. And we will talk about how to market to “today’s” consumer.
What You’ll Learn
- Reviewing technical requirements of TIL and TISA, including examples of the do’s and don’ts
- Assessing the risks and incorporating them into your risk management program
- A detailed review of the compliance regulations to consider when posting
- Best practices for responding to consumer complaints
- Recommended policies for employee use of social media sites
- Tips when utilizing third parties to manage your social media
- Auditing your program for compliance and effectiveness
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for Marketing Officers, Compliance Officers, and Internal Auditors.
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending The Ohio State University. She has 19 years of experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing, and compliance. Most recently Kincaid served as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a central-Ohio-based community bank, where she created and refined policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized the implementation of new products and services. Kincaid has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy, and Security Officer. She has led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information, completed a variety of regulatory applications, coordinated internal and external audits, and exams, and presented for numerous state associations.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $75 per person