Taking the Lead and Responsibilities at the Frontline
Without a doubt, staff plays a lead role; up-front and center in any financial institution. The teller, for example, interacts with the audience most vital to your bank’s reputation—your customer. Faced with handling impressive sums of cash and, most likely, making more decisions than lenders; tellers are the key to exceptional customer service. These players require an excellent director, a superior supervisor to deliver a top performance.
The job responsibilities of a head teller can vary from one bank to another. In some companies, the head teller functions full time as a “working supervisor,” with little time for the actual overseeing of the team. Head tellers in progressive banks primarily coach, schedule, train, and problem-solve. Superior supervisors are accomplished in decision making, problem-solving, planning, delegation, and meeting management, as well as motivating, training, and developing staff through feedback, collaborative performance planning, and goal setting. The leadership provided by the frontline supervisor is critical to employees’ success enabling them to perform productively and efficiently.
The frontline positions in your financial institution are, without question, one of the most critical jobs carried out each day. Frontline staff has the best opportunity to reflect the bank’s care and concern for customer service. Therefore, they require a well-trained leader. Take the lead and take responsibility for developing a dynamic staff.
- This program is for head tellers and managers dedicated to developing a dynamic team. Opportunities to recognize ideas to boost your employees' productivity are something to always be on the lookout for. In this program, you will find many.
- Managing Time and Interruptions
- Building Rapport with Your Manager
- Using Tools that Enhance Efficiencies and Results
- Making Training Stick
- Giving and Receiving Effective Feedback
- Enhancing Your Managerial Presence
- Creating a Motivating Work Environment
- The Essentials of Effective Teaming Relationships
Who Should Attend:
Head tellers, branch managers, teller trainers will benefit from this webinar.
Janice Branch has been a senior training consultant for InterAction Training for twenty years. She is a very seasoned presenter that has all the right stuff to wow her participants about the subject matter. Prior to joining InterAction Training, Janice was the Senior Manager of Training for Consolidated Communications where she managed, designed, coordinated and presented training programs for this multi-state telecommunications company with over 1000 employees.
Whether it is teaching how to coach, manage, lead, negotiate, service, sell or train at every level in an organization or if it is consulting on problem-solving and servant leadership, Janice is the "go-to" person every bank wants to hear from. Participants appreciate her "been there, done that" humor along with her expert ability to facilitate learning. Janice has obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration with a major in Management from Almeda University and is certified by the University of Houston in Leadership and Management. In addition, Janice has obtained trainer certifications from Achieve Global and Development Dimensions, Inc.
A native Texan she enjoys many pursuits in addition to teaching and learning but none more than being a grandmother and tending to her ten acre home in Montgomery, Texas just north of Houston.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- Additional connection for a branch - $75
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395