As of June 30, 2021, the Nacha Operating Rules will restrict the time when an RDFI can make a claim against an ODFI’s authorization warranty. Now is the time to learn the rule changes, best practices, and how to resolve consumer and corporate ACH disputes using the new rules.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Differentiate between the Nacha rules and Regulation E
- Comply with the new Nacha timeframes for making a claim against an ODFI’s authorization warranty
- Define your financial institution’s error resolution obligations under both the Nacha Rules and Regulation E
- Understand the differences between handling consumer and corporate disputes
- Apply your knowledge to real-world scenarios
Consumer and corporate ACH disputes are everyday occurrences in ACHs. Financial institutions must comply with both Regulation E and the ACH rules when responding to accountholder allegations of errors. Effective June 30, 2021, the Nacha Operating Rules will limit the length of time in which an RDFI can make a claim against the ODFI’s authorization warranty. This session will detail the rule changes and outline best practices for consumer and corporate accountholder claims. It will address:
- Limitations on warranty claims
- Regulation E requirements for consumer disputes
- Nacha Operating Rules right of adjustment
- The rights of corporate accountholders
- Best practices and case studies
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is ideal for ACH operations staff, AAP candidates, auditors, and compliance staff.
- Error resolution flowchart
- Error resolution tracking log
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Michele Barlow, Macha/PAR
Michele Barlow is the Vice President at Macha/PAR (Everything Payments, Everywhere), with offices in Wisconsin and Maryland. Before joining the Macha team in 2009, Michele spent several years as a corporate trainer in the financial industry. She is responsible for development and execution of association training and certification programs, conference planning, and member service. Michele is a past member of Nacha’s Blue Ribbon Panel and currently serves on the APRP Oversight Panel, the Payments Institute Board of Regents, and Nacha’s LMS Editorial Board. She is active on other national committees and a frequent speaker at industry events. She obtained her AAP certification in 2010, her NCP in 2011, and became an NCP Certified Trainer in 2012. Michele holds a bachelor’s from the University of Wisconsin.
- Live Webinar - $245
- Recorded Webinar and Digital Download - $245 plus tax
- Live Webinar, Recorded Webinar, and Digital Download - $320 plus tax